Do good with us
Neontribe is a software development company working on web user interfaces and the APIs that power them. We've got a national reputation for our work in tech-for-good, and right now we have more and more work coming our way.
We’re recruiting to fill a specific role in our team. If you want to spend time in an office, we've space in Exeter and Norwich, but we're very happy with remote working. We’re also always on the lookout for people who would make our teams stronger, so if this doesn’t suit you please see the information at the end.
We’re looking for someone who:
- has a flair for implementing user interfaces using web technologies
- understands they are developing interactions, on screens that vary in size, that must be accessible to all their users
- can work in a team with other developers, and alongside user researchers and designers to build systems that meet user needs
Alongside your core technical skills, you’ll also need to be:
- comfortable communicating in a remote team
- happy taking part in conversations about technical subjects
- able to demonstrate that you enjoy expanding your knowledge and thinking critically (this can be via a degree, but 1/3rd of our team members don’t have one, so doesn’t have to be)
- value agility in software development (experience of working in an agile environment is an advantage but not essential)
- passionate about accessibility
- keen to work in an organisation that delivers social good projects
- inspired by user-centred development (even if you don’t have practical experience of this approach)
What this role is not:
This is not a beginner role. You’ll need to have worked in coding teams on established projects and have some experience in the appropriate languages. You’ll also need to be able to show how your work to date equips you both for communicating with a remote team and getting on with the task at hand.
What this role is:
A great opportunity for growth and enjoyment. Neontribe prides itself on skills development, great training budgets, flexible working, part-time hours and supporting return to work and other initiatives to help you enjoy your work.
We’d expect to pay in the region of £35,000.00 - £42,000.00 for this role.
Send us your CV, or a list of skills and relevant experience, and we’ll arrange to set up a chat. We will interview anyone with the right skill set when we hear from them, so we advise getting your application in as soon as possible: email@example.com
Want to work with us, but don’t fit this role?
We’re always happy to hear from people who like the sound of Neontribe, and want to grow their skills as a developer, or in user research or product management. Maybe you’re already experienced, but in different specialist languages, or maybe you're just getting started. If you have an eagerness to learn more and want to be part of a great company contact us with a short description of the skills you have and the skills you want to gain and we’ll let you know if we think there’s a place for us to start talking.
Norwich Office Unit B, Seymour House 30-34 Muspole Street Norwich NR3 1DJ
Exeter Office Kaleider Studios 45 Preston Street Exeter EX1 1DF