Neontribe uses VMware ESXI 5.1; however, we had issues installing the management client onto Windows 10.
The installation begins, but halfway through a popup window never appears and you can't continue. The task manager shows the hung process with a comment about contacting your system administrator.
We need to manually install some components before it will successfully install; specifically in this order:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 x64
To install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, use the Add or Remove Programs feature built into Windows:
- Start -> search for "Control Panel" (The old style one)
- Search for "programs" -> select "add or remove programs"
- Select "turn Windows features on or off" and put a tick next to ".net framework 3.5"
Once you have added the .NET Framework you can manually install Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 x64.
You should now be able to install the VMware vSphere client 5.1 software.